Monday, September 26, 2011

Sixteen


Well, today my "baby" turned 16. Kinda feels surreal because I remember bringing him home from the hospital and it just seems like yesterday. Could time really have flown by that quickly?! This year will bring lots of changes for him - high school, driving, dating... And I have a feeling it will bring lots of changes for me too! It's kind of strange having my youngest child so grown up.

I've been reflecting today on the past 16 years and wondering what the future will hold. It's been a GREAT 16 years. Connor has brought so much joy to our family! He's the one that EVERYONE loves (you all know what I mean!!). He makes us laugh all the time. You might not know it from looking at him, but this boy is hilarious! I remember times singing karaoke in the living room and watching Connor dance for us all.....boy fights that have us all in stitches.....sitting in sacrament meeting and watching Connor and Britt give each other a hug....having him walk into the room and just randomly breaking into song and dance....seeing how happy he is when Mallory comes home for a visit....It kind of makes me want to cry. I really love the boy a lot.

He has a lot to offer the world and it's exciting to see him growing into the great man I know he will be one day. He has spotless integrity, serves others quietly, loves his friends and family, is fiercely loyal, has a strong testimony, is quick to smile and long to judge, works hard and plays harder, HATES to be late, is quick to point out "Utah turns", doesn't mind hugs, has great homework memorizing tips (ask Britt!), really smart, the list could go on and on. Basically, he's all I would ever hope for him to be.

It's always scary bringing a baby into the world - the world can be a scary place sometimes. And you always hope that you can help guide them in the direction you think they should go. But once in a while you are blessed with a child that seems to already know that direction and works hard to stay on the path. I've been blessed with 4 of those children. Connor has been a breeze to raise - REALLY! Maybe because he's my last and maybe because I wasn't so stressed when he was little, but he has always been a dream.

And now that he is beginning this new phase of life, I can't wait to see the great things he will accomplish! I'm excited to watch more of the man develop - but also a bit sad too. Because I don't want him to grow up and move away from me. I want his calming influence and sense of humor and love around me all the time. Oh well - that's what we raise them to do. I know. But no one ever said it had to be easy!

So here's to the next year and all the exciting things it has to offer. On to greater adventures! I love you Connor!

No comments:

Post a Comment